Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Announcing: Freewaregenius

For the past month or so I've been working on my brand new Freeware blog. Check it out at www.freewaregenius.com

Freewaregenius.com is a freeware blog that contains reviews and download links of some of the coolest legal free PC software out there. The basic philosophy behind the site is simple: quality not quantity. Unlike other sites, this freeware blog does not list every single free program on the planet. It will, however, present one to three of the best freeware program reviews for each category, written from the perspective of an average computer user. The blog also allows visitors to leave comments under each review in a forum-style conversation.

The idea behind Freewaregenius.com came to me when I was clean-installing Windows on my wife's laptop. I made a list of all the software categories that I had to install ... viruskiller, antispyware, firewall, cd-ripper, dvd player, etc., and realized that for most of these I knew of a competent 100% free option that was often my top pick even when compared with commercial/shareware software. The vision behind Freewaregenius.com is therefore to replace as many retail/shareware programs that I ever need to use with a first rate freeware alternative, such that one day every installed program that I use will be FREE (hence the freewaregenius slogan: one day all software will be free).

Click here to learn more about Freewaregenius, or here to go the Freewaregenius main page.

3 Comments:

Blogger Zeid Nasser said...

Interesting.

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Ahmad Humeid said...

This is really cool. I am impressed. I think this site will be a success.

Sadly, I can't use it because it is Windows centric.. oh well..

Great idea samer..

3:11 PM  
Blogger مرعي المغربي said...

I want know very thing شركة شام للخدمات المنزليه
لو محتاج شركة رش مبيدات لها سمعه جيده ومضمونه شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام نستعمل أجود المبيدات الالمانيه ( جهازيه-وبالملامسه )
ليس لها تأثير على الانسان او البيئه
لو بيتك فيه .نمل أبيض او صراصير او بق او فأران او ثعابيين اطلب شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام للقضاء على الحشرات من اول رشه

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home